Green Event Certification :
#GreenEvent #GreenCertification #GreenEventCertification
Necessary Credit Requirement Under NAAC Accreditation Process
Green event certification helps event planners reduce their impact in a range of areas, including catering, food, venues, and waste reduction.
Green audit is a widely used best practice towards institutional growth and development, considering futuristic benefits with revenue mapped model.
NAAC accreditation is mandatory for all the higher learning institutes, particularly state universities. Without NAAC accreditation, universities are not eligible for UGC grants, RUSA grants, financial aid etc. On the other hand, NAAC accreditation determines the quality of the institute in terms of education, infrastructure, research, teaching & learning etc. Institutes with top NAAC grades such as ‘A++’, ‘A+’ and ‘A’ are most sought-after institutes, as they offer high-quality education. On the other, all the recognized institutes of UGC must apply for NBA/ NAAC/ any other accreditation after the completion of the first or second batch of courses.
Green Audit is assigned to the Criteria 7 of NAAC, National Assessment and Accreditation Council which is a self-governing organization of India that declares the institutions as Grade A, Grade B or Grade C according to the scores assigned at the time of accreditation.
Stages of Green Audit
- Plan the audit
- Select the audit team
- Schedule the audit facility
- Acquire the background information Visit the site On-site
During Audit Process on Site :
- Understand the scope of audit
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the internal controls
- Conduct the audit
- Evaluate the observations of audit program
- Prepare a report of the observations side by side
Report Preparation :
- Produce a draft report of the data collected
- Produce a final report of the observations and the inference with accuracy
- Distribute the final report to the management
- Prepare an action plan to overcome the flaws Keep a watch on the action plan
Benefits of Green Audit :
There’s an holistic growth and futuristic development through green audit process. If Green Audit is enforced in an effective way then there are many advantages that could be adopted from it.
- Green Audit could help to shield the environment
- Recognize the cost saving methods through waste minimizing and managing strategies
- Point out prevailing and forthcoming complications
- Authenticate conformity with the implemented laws Empower the organizations to frame a better environmental performance
- It portrays a good image of a company which helps building better relationships with the group of stakeholders
- Enhance the alertness for environmental guidelines and duties.
Green event incorporates environmental considerations to minimize the negative impact on the environment. Green events are about increasing economic and environmental efficiency by minimizing the use of resources and reducing the amount of waste produced from event activities.
Events can now be certified under three categories: green, zero waste, and zero waste green.
Green Event Certification encourages, recognizes and celebrates the voluntary sustainable efforts that event organizers take to reduce the environmental, social and financial costs of their event.
It also creates an opportunity to inform and engage event attendees in sustainable practices.
- Use our Green Event Planning Checklist to obtain tips and ideas on how to plan your event.
- It’s easy to certify your event.
- Serving food? Refer to following Green Event standard guidelines.
A formal program must be in place. Simply referencing efforts to make events greener in the absence of a formal program is not sufficient.
BENEFITS OF GREEN EVENT :
Green Event can have tremendous benefits, both tangible and intangible. The most tangible benefits are the reduction in wasting time towards following cycle towards event management.
Green Event rating system is designed for Administrative campuses, Convention centers, Educational campuses, Healthcare campuses, Hospitality campuses, IT parks, Industrial parks, Leisure & Recreational campuses, Military campuses, Religious or everyone, etc.,.
Why are green events so important:
Gas emissions, the extensive use of energy and water accompany event organization today. The detrimental effects that are produced with such events damage our environment and endanger the future of the industry. Unfortunately, the depletion of natural resources and increased pollution are turning into the major problems of globalization.
GOALS of GREEN Event:
Since events can exhaust the environment to a great extent, they become focal points for sustainability concerns. Here are the main goals that mark event sustainability:
The mitigation of negative environmental effects in event planning as an attempt to protect our natural habitat.
Encouraging sustainability-directed activities as an integral part of social life.
Developing the new green culture of event organization.
Example of Green Event Certifications :
- American University – Clear indication that green event guidelines are in place. Each Yes response is affirmed in the descriptive text.
- Simon Fraser University – Clear indication that a formal events certification program is in place. Website URL includes downloadable event certification checklists.
- University of California, Santa Barbara – Clear indication that a formal events certification program is in place. Each Yes response is affirmed in the descriptive text.
Common Issues Identified During Review for Green Event
- A green event certification program that has certified one or more events in the previous year must be in place. Simply referencing initiatives to make events greener is not sufficient in the absence of a certification program.
- Descriptive response should support each affirmative response indicated at the top of the credit (at least four).
- Registration Certificate rating awarded for the Green Event is valid for a period of 3 yrs &
- Surveillance Certificate every year.
- Thereafter, have to apply for re-certification with the prevailing version.
For any query please mail at email@example.com
Mode of Payment : Payment
For Quick response :