GREEN LAB Certification :
#GreenCertifications #GreenLabs #GreenLaboratories #GreenLabsCertifications
Necessary Credit Requirement Under NAAC Accreditation Process
Green Labs Certification helps in recognizing laboratories for their implementation of quality sustainability and efficiency practices. Certainly labs needs to be fully complaint towards quality assurance and other best practices.
Green audit is a widely used best practice towards institutional growth and development, considering futuristic benefits with revenue mapped model.
NAAC accreditation is mandatory for all the higher learning institutes, particularly state universities. Without NAAC accreditation, universities are not eligible for UGC grants, RUSA grants, financial aid etc. On the other hand, NAAC accreditation determines the quality of the institute in terms of education, infrastructure, research, teaching & learning etc. Institutes with top NAAC grades such as ‘A++’, ‘A+’ and ‘A’ are most sought-after institutes, as they offer high-quality education. On the other, all the recognized institutes of UGC must apply for NBA/ NAAC/ any other accreditation after the completion of the first or second batch of courses.
Green Audit is assigned to the Criteria 7 of NAAC, National Assessment and Accreditation Council which is a self-governing organization of India that declares the institutions as Grade A, Grade B or Grade C according to the scores assigned at the time of accreditation.
Stages of Green Audit
- Plan the audit
- Select the audit team
- Schedule the audit facility
- Acquire the background information Visit the site On-site
During Audit Process on Site :
- Understand the scope of audit
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the internal controls
- Conduct the audit
- Evaluate the observations of audit program
- Prepare a report of the observations side by side
Report Preparation :
- Produce a draft report of the data collected
- Produce a final report of the observations and the inference with accuracy
- Distribute the final report to the management
- Prepare an action plan to overcome the flaws Keep a watch on the action plan
Benefits of Green Audit :
There’s an holistic growth and futuristic development through green audit process. If Green Audit is enforced in an effective way then there are many advantages that could be adopted from it.
- Green Audit could help to shield the environment
- Recognize the cost saving methods through waste minimizing and managing strategies
- Point out prevailing and forthcoming complications
- Authenticate conformity with the implemented laws Empower the organizations to frame a better environmental performance
- It portrays a good image of a company which helps building better relationships with the group of stakeholders
- Enhance the alertness for environmental guidelines and duties.
With this process, Laboratories are able to achieve credits in the areas of Energy Efficiency, Water Efficiency, Waste Reduction, Chemicals, Purchasing, and Education, and evaluate potential areas of improvement.
with this approach, it encompasses traditional and non-traditional chemical or engineering labs, and may include design studios, architecture programs, electronics, robotics, prototyping, 3D printing and fabrication shops.
Labs can achieve one of four levels of certification based on points earned for each action.
GREEN LAB PROCESS AND SCOPE consists of 5 steps :
1. Registration process & Baseline Assessment : Using an online self-assessment, we ask members of a lab a series of questions on the equipment they use, the practices they employ and how they purchase, use, and dispose of products. We use the responses to make recommendations on steps the lab could take to adopt sustainability best practices.
2. Guidelines process & Implement Changes : Using our recommendations as guidelines, we encourage labs to take some time (usually 6-8 months) to make changes in their laboratory.
3. Certification process : Members of the lab retake the online self-assessment, and we again use everyone’s answers to see what best practices the lab has adopted. We then give the lab an overall score and certification level. We will also give the lab new recommendations for further improvements to make before they seek recertification.
4. Continual Improvement Process : After the initial certification, we encourage labs to take 1-2 years to maintain the best practices they have adopted and work on further improvements. This time period is not strictly set, and when a lab is ready to seek re-certification, we are happy to assess them.
5. Re-Certification : When labs are ready for recertification, they retake the self-assessment to see what best practices they are still implementing and where they might make future changes. By making this a continuous improvement process, we allow labs to make continual change and also gauge how well the sustainability best practices are being passed on to newer members of the lab and thus how much sustainability has become part of the culture of the lab.
BENEFITS OF GREEN LAB :
- Reduce your carbon footprint.
- Save water and energy without compromising research integrity
- Prolong equipment life to increase lab efficiency
- Cut costs while reducing waste.
- Team building – all lab members take an active role in the program
- Raise awareness for sustainability on campus
- Promote your lab as a certified Green Lab.
- Registration Certificate rating awarded for the Green LAB is valid for a period of 3 yrs &
- Surveillance Certificate every year.
- Thereafter, have to apply for re-certification with the prevailing version.
For any query please mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mode of Payment : Payment
For Quick response :